Our food is always made without dairy and without gluten ingredients. This applies to all local and shipping customers. We do not serve:
- Dairy (all meals)
- Wheat / Gluten (all meals)
- Eggs (all meals)
The list of allergens and preferences we accommodate for local customers only* include:
- Tree nuts
If you have an allergy or preference that does not appear above, you can customize deliveries to swap out meals for other options on the menu, whenever possible.
*At this time for shipping customers, we cannot accommodate allergies, substitutions, or modifications of any kind.
Please note that we do not recommend our service to those with severe allergies to soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, seafood, shellfish, and gluten (such as Celiac disease). You can read our Allergy Note for more details. Regarding gluten, Thistle is naturally gluten-free, featuring meals made without gluten. However, our facility is not certified gluten-free. While there is a very low possibility of cross-contamination of gluten, we cannot guarantee it.
How are supported allergens accommodated?
If any meal contains a supported allergen from the list above on your account (soy, tree nuts, coconut, peanuts, or pork), here's what you can expect:
- Although your meal will have the standard meal label, there should be an additional purple sticker that includes your name and your supported allergens clearly listed so you can be sure your meal has been customized just for you!
- The sticker may list multiple supported allergens (even if you don't have them linked to your account), but they may have been present in the meal. Currently, our process is to remove ALL supported allergens present in a meal, so you can be sure your meal has NO supported allergens present.
- Example: If an original meal has both SOY & PEANUT allergens present, but you only have a PEANUT allergy, your modified meal will contain both NO SOY and NO PEANUT.
- This ONLY applies to the supported allergens listed above.
- Here's a photo example of our new packaging and old packaging, respectively (which some meals may still arrive in):
- If a sauce or item in a ramekin has been substituted with another option, the ramekin will have a black base & clear lid. These ramekins are 100% recyclable.
- For some breakfast & snack items that don't have a feasible replacement ingredient, you will receive a Breakfast or Snack Substitute Meal.
- Our breakfast substitute meal features a delicious Awakened Golden Goji Granola, hemp milk & fresh seasonal fruit or a seasonal muesli.
- Our tasty substitute Awake snack bar is made with the same delicious granola, sunflower butter, date paste, maple syrup & chia seeds which replaces some of our snacks.
- Please note that we do not accommodate sesame as an allergen or preference.
- A few other common replacements:
- Pork will be replaced with diced chicken.
- Tofu will usually be replaced with Adashah - this is a lentil-based product with a similar texture to tofu! It will have a turmeric seasoning so will be more yellow in color than our tofu. We love it.
- Nut-based cheeses will be replaced with our housemade 'Sun Cheese', made of sunflower seeds, garlic, lemon juice, ume plum vinegar, and water.
Here's how the meal will look like in your Upcoming Deliveries page, with the note under the dish that will be modified or replaced: